Friday, April 12, 2013

March 25, 2013

Hey Mom!

What are you talking about you didn't really have anything to say? That is not the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, because I've heard much more ridiculous things on my mission, but that's still pretty ridiculous. I think all people everywhere never feel like there is much exciting going on, but the more you really look at it, the more you can see. :) So never believe that your life is boring mom. Because it's not. And I'm glad your loving it. That's probably the most important thing ever. 

I've probably said much across this same point before, but my mission is not even about planting seeds. I thought I was going to come out here to serve the Lord, and lift and strengthen other people. Well... That's not really how it's worked for me. I know that I have helped people, and done what i've needed to do. but it hasn't been at all about what I can do. it's all about what the Lord can do for me and show me. I thought I was going to serve Him, but amidst it all He's done about a million times more for me personally. My mission hasn't been about the people, or even the place or any of that. it's been about how much the Lord can show me just how much He loves me, and how much He can really do that I can't by myself. That's what i'll remember the most. Everything else is awesome. But that's been the best. 

I'm glad you protected dad's poor heart for him. Was he actually like using it while he was talking or was it just sitting there chilliin? You should probably tell Brother Clark so that he doesn't get too much of a heart attack and tell the bishop that our family is insane or soemthing. That wouldn't be good :) Also why is it that Ethan gets to go skiing when i've never actually gone? Thats ridiculous. 
Fun fact about Norway: Everyone Ski's. ALl. people. everywhere. When we visit families and eat with them their 3 year old daughter will ask when they can go skiing. They literally are born with ski's already attatched to their legs. They have a saying for it :) Anyways. its' a shame I can't go as a missionary. That would be a pretty cool way to experience norway.

More news from this week, is that there really isn't that much to say actually. :) We had some funny things happen to us. One night we were out knocking on doors, and this cat just followed us around for like an hour and half. it was suuuper cool. :) We just had this little guardian cat by our side the whole time. i should have named it. it was a way sweet little cat :D And I continue to attract an extraordinary amount of weird crazy people. This one guy called us over while we were walking down the street on saturday, and proceeded to tell us like 15 stories where he had been able to see the future. We literally just sat there and stared at him for like an hour as he talked to us on the street. The only reason I didn't go crazy is because of just how funny his stories were :) Anyways, finally we had to go to get to an appointment and this crazy old man just follows us yelling about how grace exists in everything and that everyone especially Hitler would be saved. Crazy man. Another was an old guy who got on the bus last week and literally just started raging at the bus driver. That doesn't happen in Norway. people don't really yell at each other. But this old guy was just going wild. the whole bus was just staring at him. My favorite part was when he started punching the card reader on the bus... That made me laugh :)

We also had Zone Conference, and I've finally reached the point where some missionaries that i love to death and have gotten to know really well are going home. My Father is going home in a month.... I'm probably not even going to get to see him ever again in Norway whcih is actually really sad. i'm kinda waaay bummed about that one. Zone conference was really good though. It was super trippy to go back to Oslo.... It's cool how I know my way around that city like it was backyard though. My old friend Mr. Goob goes home too. That's just weird. I'll forward the pictures. Unfortunately i'm closing my eyes but other than that I'm looking snazzy rockin the new suit and tie. :D (sorry still dont have pictures of that for you).

In terms of cool things the coolest was some less active work that we did. We had dinner with this one young family that just stopped coming to church because he started building their house, and then after a while it was just easier to not come. It was way cool because something just clicked as we prayed in our hearts and he talked way openly about his testimony and what is missing. before the ward jsut thoght he was completely apostate and that we could only help his wife, but after that visit it was clear he wants the feelings of the spirit agian, he just doesn't feel like doing it all. It was really powerful and really cool. he basically told us he knew that it was true and that there really wasn't anything he could do to deny it and wouldn't try to, he just doesn't want to act on it right now. So we gave him some challenges and taught them about faith, and just tried to help them. It was awesome. We also had chinease food with Sigfried this week :) This guy told us some way cool stories from his mission where he served in Las Vegas and literally just ran everywhere, and planned for like tons of baptisms every week and saw them reach those goals. That was pretty cool to talk to him about. And apparently he finally admited for the first time that he's less active and wants help. Way cool though. he came to church! So yeah we have several families who have agreed to take the missionary lessons again so that'll be really cool. 

Our other invs. Hessein is also doing really well :) We tought him about baptism by showing him all the pictures around the church builiding and that was pereyyty cool (do you like how I don't correct my typing mistakes at all mom?) ;D Andyways. We learned that he actually was in the militia for saddam hussein, but fled the country to become a christian. Way cool guy. i just wish we could speak hsi language. :) The things that guy could tell us. 

Anyways that's about it for now. I can tell you about miracle man and raymond later. They will always be around :) 

Believe in Christ. If you've got nothing else, just hold onto that. He'll help you through the rest. You can be the worst person in the worst place in life, and have it all as long as you truly hold onto Him. Do not fear failure. Nor discouragement. Do your best. :) And love every step you take. 

have a great week alle! Polska in norway begins! Every store in the country will be closed for 3 days this week... so that should be fun. Not really anything else i'm doing though to answer your question mom. Hopefully we'll have our bikes by this week so we can try and visit some families. :D Love you so much!

LOvEsiEs!

Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment