Monday, April 8, 2013

March 18, 2013

Dearsest Momsicle,

As to answer your question: The only thing I really want for my birthday is small portable harddrive. Nothing fancy. Nothing expensive. Got it?! But There is tons of stuff that I could put on it and memories I want to be able to save. If not then maybe I can steal it from all my companions after we get home. But I would definately use it now. There are sweet old norsk movies, and some new ones that would be legit :) ANyways. Other thann that..... I just bought myself a suit. DOOD I got that and 2 norwegian ties for less than 100 bucks. The ties were like 4 bucks a pop and they are awesome. ANd the suit looks la-git. :D so I'm gonna count that as most of my birfday :) I'm running out of room in my suitcases to carry stoff around rapidly so ... yeah. :) just sos you knows. 

Mom. I love my mission to death. I can't get enough. I can't even explain how much I want to hold onto every single memory and every single thing I learn. I think my problem recently is that I've jsut been stressing because i'm not sure if I'm really getting everything out of it that I can when really the mission just changes you. Little bit each day, you are never quite the same person you were the day before. I really felt this week like we knew what we were doing and I felt all teh cool um... opplæring ... training! i got in oslo was awesome! Moss is a way small town but despite how many people know who we are and what we do, I know that you just have to show faith, and go out with the right attitude and you will find people :) it's been way awesome to see the changes happening in us, our area, the ward, and just the mission in general. 

Last night we went over to an older couple who have some relation like unto a grandchild of someone in the churhc. It was way cool and we are probably going to be going over there a lot. Have you heard of Lefse bofere?! Dude. Its like this Norwegian ahh... bread stuff. sooo good. She is such funny little Norsk great grandma. :) Her dialect is funny too. Speaking of Norsk, the ward releif society president here did a rap on an m and m song this week. :) Hilarious. We have been listening to it today. Norwegian is awesome. I just love hearing people speak it! Especially since half the time I know what they're saying now! woot! 

We also did another Gatestand this week... or street stand :) We had a bunch of members come and it was hilarious. There was also a guy advertising massaches... uh no idea how to spell that.... at the same time. We were laughing with him A: Because his accent was just hilarious. It's like the British style norwegain :) B: because apparently people were getting confused because they thought that he was advertising massashes from Jesus... it was hilarious. We ate fantastic Norwegian waffles and gave them out free on the street. It was super fun :) 

Me and Elder Burt are having the times of our lives right now :) I taught him California speed and he loves it. It's been super intense and awesome. He had a birthday and we ate K-bab pizza with French fries on top... it was sooooo good :) HMM Deilig! We are actually going to record our first two weeks journal entry on a recorder tonight together :) I'm super stoked. Craziest things ever have happened. This week we were just out on the street, and this suuuuper old guy, who probably hasn't cleaned anythign on his entire body for a few years, stops on the street and in super old norwegian asked us for a smoke... Keep in mind that this man was the MOST drunk man I've ever seen in my life. There are no words to describe... Then he just sat there claiming we were his best friends and just started tipping towards us and me and burt both just jumped back and just stared at each other... He stuck out thes way gross looking hands and said he wanted a klem. Klems are norwegain hugs that involve pressing the cheeks together.... yes we did it. No we have no idea what or who that man was..... I'm pretty sure we're scarred for life... But hey. We're his friends right? 

Speaking of friends me and Burt were laughing this week about how we probably would have judged each other hardcore in real life, and even before we really met, and how theres almost no way we would have been friends. But here, in moss of all places, We literally have gelled instantly. it¨s the coolest thing ever. We are pretty much dominating here. In terms of being happy and being righteous mom, it is impossible to be happy and unrightoues. So I hope I'm being righteous. We are literally doing everything we can to be better and do better. I have felt in all the teaches that we had this week the Lord guiding what I say and what I do. Apparently Elder Burt has never actually taught an atheist before.... thats funny because in oslo when we were teaching every day, they were all atheists. :) And now in moss we have several who are atheists :) I think I just attract them or something. 

I love the small town feel here in moss though. its way cool to actually see members of the churhc around, and even cooler to get to know some of the people just on the street. So thats cool :) um.... I'm running out of stoof to say. Oh! Being a DL is way cool actually. Its just fun to get to know the guys in our district a little better and really focus on them. I hold a district meeting for an hour an half every week so that'll be fun. I I think my one last week went ok :) I'll just do what I can right. also call them regularly and help move info up and down the chain, and do baptismal interviews and stuffs like that. (Remember that guy that I found in oslo who was golden and wanted to get baptised? he's in my district now! I would interview him for baptism!) Yesterday I also had 10 minutes to prepare a 10 minute talk in Norwegian... super cool. I'm definatly getting better at tlaking on the kick, withouth notes, though I still feel like it wasn't all that good :) 

Man. We had more experiences where we were led right to a door, picked it knocked, and then kept going until we found another. It is just incredible how much the lord has helped us. anyways.
I'll stop boring you with all this random stuff that probably means nothing to you, but its awesome. I hope things keep going well for you mom. Just know that your son is having the time of his life right now. And also remember that he loves you more than anything else in the world. There is only one thing that trumps missionary work. And that's family :) That means you. So once I'm home I'll actually be able to convice you of that.

I love you tons! Talk to you soon! AHHHH I'm soo excited for GC!!!!!

Love 

Christopher

Ps. I honestly have no idea what missionary work will be like during easter... never been here during it before :)




No comments:

Post a Comment