Thursday, July 18, 2013

June 24, 2013


Heh Hei Momsworms!

Slaptastic... Such a good word :) Thats the kind of word I need to be using in my everyday life except for the fact that this week I won't be speaking any english... (except for with people that only speak that :)) I've kinda done something like it before but really never all the way like this week... We'll see how it goes(or lasts :)

Sometimes I am amazed by the little details some people can remember... like this for example. I don't ever remember telling anyone that I had bought an african mask from him :) I will admit it is super cool but I don't even remember telling you guys about it. Anyways. That said i'm not quite sure how you wanted me to know that your aunt went to south africa. Sorry on that one. :) Det visste ikke jeg :) Its cool that she got some stuff like that. I personally think that it's super cool. 

As for Jdub. Its short for 'J' 'W' but you just say 'J' Dub for shortelse :) Like... Dubble U... but just dub.... anyone? No ok. Well they are at least dubbed the J because they are so stinking delirous :) (sorry, I didn't have any good adjectives for J :) No matthew this has nothing to do with dub step. :) though that would be hilarious if he was a jdub. I doubt they would allow that though :) In retrospect, They can be really nice too :) I think it's hilarious to get stopped by some of their proselyting people :) and there have been a few i've gotten to be friends with. Collins = no-friendy bueno though :) And he's dropped :) And were now teaching his friend :) Kiso :) That kids chill out of his mind :) Just a cool kid. 

A little more about our week is that it was weird. I'm doing really well actually :) I learned I need a testimony that isn't based upon the amount that other people are converted and much more based upon how much it has converted me. :) Somthing I'd prolly only learn if i'm actually trying to help other people get a testimony of the same thing that I know to be true. In a weird way though, I would describe my overall feeling as the one you get when you ride wicked at Lagoon. Right after you've shot up you get to the very top, and at that short moment at the top you realize a couple of things: Life is good especially when life includes the people that you love, who may or may not be sitting right next to you in the particular instance in which I am remembering this :) The scenery is awesome :) But at the same time you get this awesomely weird feeling inside your stomach where everything just kinds of lifts up and almost feels like there is no real ground or reality any more. You are flying, standing still, and falling all in the same instant. That is how I feel :) 

As a short sidenote, what I mean about midlife crisis, is much like that :) I think I meant that it was my life inside a life (or the mission life) midlife crisis :) Does that make any sense? Mostly in the way that on a mission I am not perfect. Its really hard. I miss you guys a bunch of bannanas. But every single day is so fulfiling. With the nature of the call comes a sense of resposiblity and understanding about what all this (pretend i'm waving my hands wildly around in a jerky and yet really determined fashion pointing at everything at once) actually means that I never want to go away. I think of the day I leave and I almost want to deny it. Not even because I dont want to go home because if I said that I would be lying... I just don't want to lose the closeness to my savior. This new higher plane of living I've found I never want to go away. I feel myself stretching all the time, and I never want to fall back to who I was before. I don't have to worry about this too much yet, but when I go home, to be able to get there in one solid emotional and spiritual piece, I'm going to have to realize it wont quite be the way it was. 

*Short Sidenote Over*

This weekend was super fun. Siri said the weatherman said it was supposed to rain, and so did my pet rat jimmy, but despite all that we went out and played soccer frisbee and volleyball anyways. :) When I got here sport was cool but over time we've built it a ton so there are actually a good number of investigators and less actives that come now. Turned out to be a really cool thing to do. :) After that I beatboxed to song where you have three people singing all at the same time, and it was way trippy and cool. (that was by the way with the sisters while we were waiting for the bus) Constantin thought it was awesome though some of the other people waiting for the buss probably thought we were a bit strange :) Then I made the sisters dinner :) yay for meatball sandwhiches! (we were there to protect them from crazy muslims actually... :) oh and we had taught this crazy italian philosopher guy who didn't believe in absolute truth... well. anyways it was pretty intense. :) I had my game cap on :) ok actually it wasn't really intense. This guy is pretty much just weird and crazy and funny :) Yeah well. Anyways back to the first train of thought after all that we went the stephensons for... the entire night til 12 :) It was awesome. Now before you all freak out I did have permission to do this. It was Santansaften which is the longest day of the year.... so we got permission to spend the night with members. I should have already told you about this family, its anita and her daughters (the crazy one who reminds me of Julie) and it was super fun. The bishops sons were also there with some other people and amongst all of them, I think there was more prodigy youth musical talent in one room than i've ever seen in my life :) All of them could just bust out songs if you would name one. it was ridiculous. and super cool. Ps. I have videos of all almost the entire weekend. 

Yesterday was the day where you burn stuff and unfortunately it was pretty much hailing on us. But hey we were there anyway! Basically the tradition is to just build the biggest bonfire ever and light it that night. You can cook hotdogs if you want and play games cause its light pretty much the whole time. this is a tradition that probably goes back to the vikings when they would celebrate their precious sun :) Speaking of vikings for pday last week we went and found an old viking sacrificial altar whcih was awesome and then sacrificed some people! Then we went and found an old ww2 bunker down by the beach! It was pretty much awesome. ANyways I feel like i'm just rambling now. IN other news I've been adopted by a philipeno mom who we helped move, became a professional barber as dubbed by Constantin and more. :) 

I mentioned a little about having it a little rough this week which is true, but what is a life without some rough as well? It was mostly just a combination of weirdness and some of the people we had high hopes for not really going anywhere... yet :) I am doing as much as I can to stay positive, and to really become the person I need to be. I may not be very good at butting into other peoples business, but I can definitely at least take care of my own. :) And I will say that with all the youth and familes we met with this week I know that I'm doing what i'm supposed to :) I think in this particular case I didn't even really know what the problem was, let alone how to fix it :) So all there is to do is just move forward, and trust deeply that everything will work itself out. 

OK. well that was probably too much. So i'm gonna bounce now :) But have a great week mom. I would like you to envision me passing out. While that isn't what happened when I saw your painting, its probably what should have happened. I must just be immune somehow :) Even in an entire week I don't think I coould paint a platypus on a octupus if all I had was a leaf. Question: have you ever painted anything Norwayish?

I love you sooo much!

Love

Christopher

Ps. Of course you would know someone tightroped the grand canyon :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment