Friday, February 1, 2013

January 21, 2013


Hey Mom!

hmm... I don't really know where to start with this one. Sometimes I very cleverly arrange my thoughts into something that works but I don't think that's going to work for me this time. And we have A TON to do today. So I can't spend all day emailing either even if I wanted to. So I'll begin by saying there is about a million percent more to say than can be said with anything right now. So sorry :) 

Firstly. I have been called to be a Trainer to the new Elder, Elder Ellsworth from California. I would like to point out at this juncture, that I'm going to die. Also that this is not very normal. I will be training him in Oslo, which means I'm going to be here for a loooonng time. Probably til may. Of the many things that I could say, I will simply say, WHAT I'm training my second companion? What, there are only 2 missionaries coming in, and I'm supposed to train one of them? WHy? I've never even seen or expericienced anything else. LIke. Wow. President told me about this on tuesday of last week. Apparently, he told Elder Earl right after he told me that he had asked that because he was laughing so hard at my reaction. He thought he was going to have to pick me up off the ground because, he thought I was going to die. 

Mom I'm glad that you are not suprised that I'm training because that makes one of us at least. I'm pretty much freaking out. I'm finally getting my second companion, who, I will now be senior over, and be training, and teaching, and languaging... med en gang. Samtidig. All at the same time. It's scary to change companions for the first time, and to go senior, and to train. If it was just one of those things I wouldn't be so worried. But I have just as much work to do on myself as I have to do on him. Do you realize... right now, when we are are in a teach, I look over at my companion and he always knows what to do... I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm terrible at teaching, and somehow I'm supposed to figure out how to help this area, and help the souls find eternal salvation as 2 19 year old kids. One who can mostly speak the language, and one who... well I don't know yet :) 

I had some really good thought to explain my sitiuation and how I feel in a really witty way. Hmm... I can't think of it now. Really though, it was a good one. We're going to go have all you can eat pizza now. I'll try and think of it there, and then finish this email. :) Hey I'm back! 

Picture in your mind a 4 year-olds rendition of the mona lisa when this child uses sidewalk chalk. THen it gets rained on. Then a dog pees on it. That's me! :) 

Jk. But seriously. I'm scared. But. Lest everyone feels as terrible as I am, I am way super duper excited! Dude! I get to train! The coming months in Oslo will be 100% nothing like what I have experienced thus far. Assuming my companion is a cool guy, we are going to hit the streets hard. And we're going to have a blast. Will it be one of the hardest things I ever do? Yes. Will it also be AWESOME and super fun to be with a completely new missionary... yes :) I just went through the whole process of figuring everything out, and learning pretty much life anew, and now I get to help someone else through that same process. 

K well I need more time which I don't have. But. wow. Oh yeah. Ridiculousness. Hmmm :) This week was fun. Wednesday we found this lady who took us into her work and let us teach her, and afterwords we had to get from Carl Barners Plass to Jernbanetorget, in 5 minutes. No this doesn't mean anything to you. But normally when we walk it takes 25 to 30 minutes. We did it in 5 :) I remember just running around on the icy streets like a dork, literally like a full out run. I cought the trikk (tram) barely, but My companion did not. So just as the door was closing I watched him hop the rail and try to get on... just as I kept going. So he kept running. And we made the bus through a miracle. but we made it :) it was fun. We barely missed the train last night though... by like 5 seconds. I'm going to kill myself. I gave myself a haircut and cut a huge bald line on the side of my face. it's skikkelig morsomt. funny. Heh. Dropped toilet paper in the toilet, and almost burned our apt. to the ground. Fun stuff :) 

I have 0 time. .. but. I would like to say a little about how much Grandpa's death has actually affected me. When you think about it, this is the first person I have really fun clear vivid memories with. I was talking to my companion about it on saturday, and at that point I could feel that he had passed away. I wish I could be there with you all. Especially you dad. Just know that I send all the love and thoughts i can home. I honestly didn't know how much it would affect me. But it's a good thing too. I'll be there with you all this week. And I need all of you to be there with me. I'm going to need all the prayers I can get. When I write you next week I will have probably died several times already ... :) And hopefully I'll have more time to write.

I love you all!

Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment