Friday, February 1, 2013

January 31, 2013

Hey Momsiescle!

It sounds like you guys have had a really super awesome week. And that's good because I had one too! Just out of nowhere the last part of my week with elder Anderson was the one of the best we had had. It was interesting because just as he's leaving we now have investigators to actually teach and things to actually do but that's ok. We got to do enough right before he left that it really helped me. Tuesday we taught an unmarried couple from Ă…lesund and Trondheim and had a lot of fun on the last day with our old district. Wednesday we had an activity with the young men where we were able to schedule a couple of teaches with cool people and then we split up and taught with young men. This was very good for me to do to kind of have a teach with someone who really wasn't experienced. So that was way good. But what was really cool is that one of the appointments that we had was with Kim! That means nothing to you guys, but he's one of the coolest experiences I've had on my mission. Like for realsies. He was the guy we found right after we found Rakel. We taught him for 3 hours the last night before Anderson left, and the 16 year old Andre Rosenskilde (who we eat dinner with every wednesday) was with us. It was sad to watch him and Anderson part, because the three of us had become way good friends. He's legit. And he's alive again! He was another one that we lost contact with which killed us but he worked out. Go faith! I'm using all of it that i've got. 

To answer you question about her(the lady who had read the book of mormon) I don't think I told you about the worst experience of my life. But that experience was us trying again and again to get in contact with her and it's not even that she said no I don't want to meet its that i'm pretty sure I saw her and she's been ignoring us anyway. Boo. That night where we are almost sure she hid from us I almost wanted to cry. At weekly planning the next day I did cry. Me and Anderson had tried so hard and just hadn't been able to do anything. But it was almost a blessing. We were trying our hardest and doing everything we could and we couldn't get anything out of it. I'm not sure if last transfer meant as much to Elder Anderson as it did to me, but I will never be able to explain just how awesome last transfer was. We had a ton of fun, and the deepness of our relationship together was only increased by the incredible trials that we went through together. For serious though, when I was going through our area with my new companion, he was like wow... You lost them too... yup. Darn it. Anyways. 

Starting on thursday, You will never understand what it feels like to watch basically you're older brother leave you and get sent to Narvik. He's..... gone. For good. THis didn't hit me until like saturday. And really it took me a while before I had any idea what was going on. But my new companion Elder Ellsworth is pretty cool. He reminds me a ton about myself. And really I just had to decide that my experience going forward was going to way different than elder anderson. It's not a problem to teach him or even be the only one who understands people. That hasn't been too much of a problem yet. It's mostly just been the fact that Anderson isn't here. That's like all I know. Everything is just weird without him. Without getting all gushy I almost cried one night when I just missed him. So basically my life was not farts and sunshine for a couple days. It's still kinda weird and kinda hard but it's gotten easier. Anyways. But going forward I know that I can do what I need to here. To answer your question, maybe there is someone I'm supposed to find in Oslo and maybe not. All I know is that the more I rely on the Lord the better I am. I become better, and I know that as long as I do my best I don't have to be perfect. I'm trying to muster all the faith in my being to make something happen. ... We're the underdogs of the mission. The two youngest missionaries in the mission running around Oslo. But it's been fun. The more I have just relaxed and just wait for teaching opportunities to arise for my companion and others they've always come. And I have known what I needed to do. I will thank my own trainer for the rest of my life though :) No one but him could have done what he did for me. 

All I can say is that the Lord has blessed me and helped me to rise to the challenge. I can now understand swedish perfectly, and almost any other dialect that people speak. I understand old people, and have never before just kinda always known what to say. I wouldn't say any of this has anything to do with me. Nor will it ever. :) Hopefully I can get over the whole, needing to be compelled to be humble thing. Anyways. Good times :) When it's hard, it's real. 

On a more personal note:  Grandpa really meant a lot to me, but I am happy for him. Him and Delilah are together again, and I think he is much happier now. His trial in life is finally over, and he has gone to rest in the paradise of his God. I hope I can continue to learn the importance of what this actually means, and nothing is sweeter that an increased understanding of the Savior and what He has truly done for every single person individually. 

I hope I can hold onto who I am and everything I've learned. And that I don't get weird! Anderson kept me not weird... ok that's a lie. It's impossible to not be wierd. :) I love you all so much! 
I pray for all of you, and I need your prayers. I'm getting hammered out here :) But I love it!

Love,

Christopher


No comments:

Post a Comment