Sunday, November 4, 2012

August 16, 2012

Hello Mom, Dad, Brothers, Sisters, and Loved ones!

I really dont like starting emails... So pardon my lack of creativity. =)

Thank you all so much for the continued love and support! I love all of you! So about my week...

In terms of my district, we have pretty much teamed up with the swedish full time now. The unity and brotherhood you feel with fellow missionaries is really cool. It has been a long time now that we have been doing the same thing day after day, but the love that I feel with them as we all are working to improve is really cool. Our teachers have said that we have become a super fun group to teach because... I dunno actually. I think its because we are all working really hard to improve, and at this point we know how to have fun with our teachers and really connect with them. Hmmm.... This is a lot harder this week. Because, I guess you just do the same thing every single week. As I have learned more and more about teaching it has been incredible to see the change in the way that I think about things, and the way that has affected those whom I teach. Also thankfully, our teachers said that they didnt give us easy investigators either so at least we know what to expect. So many things were right before my eyes the whole time and I guess it just takes practice before you can really teach everything that you need to. With Max, (our atheist investigator who went to church, thought they were weird, and think that we as missionaries were the weirdest people he had ever seen, and constantly makes fun of the fact that we are americans) it is hard because he doesnt really care what we have to say, and we cant figure out why he even is taking the time to meet with us. But over the last couple of times, it has been interesting to watch as he began to accept the concept of God in his life, and how the Book of Mormon is really the best way that we can help him.

In terms of language (in addition to teaching) I know that the savior truly is helping us learn everything that we are doing. I memorized my purpose in Norwegian yesterday! Innbyr andre til å komme til kristus ved å jelpe dem å motta det gjengitte evangalium gjennom tro på Jesus Kristus og hans forsoning, omvendelse, dåp, å motta den Hellige Ånds gave, og holde ut til enden. Woot! I have also been able to undrstand entire chapters in my Norsk Mormons Bok, and I have started listening to general conference translated into Norsk. I understand much less of that, but Im still amazed that I can undrstand anything.

On sunday I got to give a short little talk in sacrament meeting. This is interesting because we have 35 ish missionaries in our zone (branch) and they choose 2 of us randomly every sunday to give a talk. So every week you have to prepare a talk you probably will never have to give (at least at the MTC). I gave mine on how charity and the pure love of Christ will help each of us to endure to the end. I did it with 0 notes and while I didnt do amazing I didnt do horrible either. Much improvement over when I left!

Well Im out of time, but I want to thank you all so much for your prayers and your love. If youre not careful Im not going to be able to keep hanging on to all of these letters! I pray that the blessings of Heavely Father will be with each of you! Know that I care about you and love you and miss you with all of my heart and soul. Im only a month in and I already bounce around like a child because I love it so much. I have no idea what Im going to do in 2 years.

Until next week!

Eldste Christopher Whetten

No comments:

Post a Comment